V 1.3 Update
We are addressing issues with micromanagement of your growing empire. Here are some of the improvements we're providing:
- Planetary Governors Choose Governors to rule planets in your place, freeing you focus on grander strategic goals. These Governors decide what Planetary Improvements to build.
- Improved Ship and Fleet management We've introduced numerous UI enhancements to help manage large numbers of ships and fleets in your empire.
- Improved Ship Destination Interface A newly redesigned Ship Destination Interface will help you organize the movement of large fleets across the galaxy.
Full Patch Notes
Visual / Audio Improvements
- Added new background music track
- Added new news robot animations
- Added orbit and follow cameras to the Battle Viewer
- Governors build Colony Improvements for you. To choose a Governor, first research "Interstellar Governance". Then choose a Colony and press the "Manage" button. A list of available Governors appears on the right-hand side of the window.
- You may remove a Governor and take back control of a Colony at any time.
- The Colony Window now allows you to sort the Colonies based on Name, Manufacturing, Research, Wealth, Population, Influence, and Approval.
- Ships are now grouped into Fleets under the "Ships" tab instead of being listed out individually. You can expand the Fleets to inspect individual ships within each Fleet stack.
- Added a "Fleets" category to the Governs > Commands window. This allows you to redirect large groups of ships all at once.
- Redesigned the Ship Destination window to add tabs for each destination type and included a minimap.
- Shipyard and Starbases now have their own tabs to Main Game Window
- Lowered the cost of larger hulls slightly
- Fleets are more likely to dogpile on desirable targets.
- Fleets will be less timid when picking targets.
- Added a Game Settings option to disable the AI surrendering.
- AI should build more Economic Starbases
- Increased turn lifetime of strategies that were 5 turns to 10 turns
- Eliminated the free stuff bonuses gifted AI was receiving due to improved overall AI improvements
- Removed the free techs and free ideology points from Genius AI due to improved AI behavior generally
- Made Incredible difficulty level get more goodies for those who want to be punished
- Made Godlike AI difficulty get more goodies to punish the crazies
- AI only updates tax policy fully when a new AI strategy is chosen (instead of every turn)
- AI is more likely to use colony ships to explore unknown stars in the hopes of finding a planet
- AI gradually adjusts its spending ratios per turn rather than trying to do it all in one turn to give time for other civilization-wide measures to have a chance.
- Fixed bug that caused the AI to min and max its spending every other turn under certain AI strategies
- AI puts more effort into keeping its people happier
- AI does better dealing with ship maintenance and its effect on its economy
- Planet project production is now capped at 100% now.
- Changed all Planetary Projects to 5% from 10%
- Removed Ultra Transformer improvement.
- Remove all techs that give adjacency bonuses.
- Fixed bug that caused the graphs to appear corrupted
- Fixed broken progress bars for shipyards in colony screen
- Fixed missing ship image and ship name in the upgrade window.
- Game checks to see if Steam is online before allowing the user to register.
- AI will now pursue more specialized/expensive techs than rather than always going for the cheaper tech.
- If the network connection is slow, the game will no longer crash when trying to access the Hall of Fame.
- Fix to a bug where AI would sometimes see a planet that was outside its vision if it was close enough to another planet
- Fix to a bug (LONG overflow) that could cause the AI to not expand as quickly as it should
- Fixed bug that caused the AI to sometimes zero out its research when it felt economically weak
- The Colony Manufacturing and Influence sort buttons now sort the colony lists correctly
- Increased turn lifetime of strategies from 5 turns to 10 turns
- Adding fix to the slider code where the sliders would sometimes go negative.
- Improved general stability of games with large numbers of AI players
- Fixed a crash when assigning teams in games with a large number of AI opponents
- Fixed a crash when checking and unchecking the "add random opponents" repeatedly.
- Fixed a crash that would happen if you deleted a custom race and then immediately started a new game.
- Fixed a crash for restoring multiplayer games
- Resources at the top of the screen are no longer being trimmed
- The tech tree specialization nodes were using the wrong square background.
- Addressed a UI problem where some drop down lists were appearing behind buttons
- Fixed minor text layout problem with Starbase Context Window
- Fixed a number overflow problem with improvements with 0 manufacturing cost.
- Updated appearance icons for custom races. Removed some duplicate entries and updated colors for others.
- Spaces are no longer allowed for save filenames where space was the only character.
- Removed the white streaks in the Iconian faction leader movie when choosing it as your custom faction foreground movie.
- Fixing a minor issue with the Terran colony and Terran constructor ships where hyperdrive modules weren't appearing on both sides
- Removed the yellow hex ring around the Approval Relic
- Planetary defending fleets with zero attack power are no longer invulnerable to attack.
- Set the default AI difficulties to Normal instead of Easy
- Mega Events are now disabled in the Campaign and the Tutorial.
- Tutorial and Campaign will no longer hang when loading if mods are enabled
- Added a diplomacy modifier that calls out other races as warmongers when they declare war too often.
- Changed the game so anyone with a transport can invade with conventional warfare if you don't have the tech yet. This solves a problem where a player who unlocked the "Malevolent - Dangerous " Ideology, received a transport, but couldn't use it to invade a planet because they hadn't researched the invasion tech.
- When fleets merge they now attempt to take on whatever move directive is currently issued from the incoming fleet.
- If an AI leader is busy with another player, it won't make a trade offer to a second player.
- Fixed Fog of War bug where objects in a row that goes from visible to exposed were not hidden.
- Added a Browse button to the Custom Faction Choose Picture Screen that will open an Explorer window directly to the location for copying images.
- Map Editor: fixed problems with the preview thumbnails
- Map Editor: Do longer allow players to set a "recommended players" count of more than 100 when saving their map
- Loading a custom map screen now displays the selected map's size.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the map editor tried to access DLC ships.
- Fixed a problem with that would cause planet icon tooltips to break and show invalid data
- Fixed a couple game-within-game lobby crashes
- Fix an issue where "Unlikable" trait causes you to actually be liked.
- Address a problem with uploading custom factions to Steam.
- Fixed a crash when moving a fleet into shipyard at the end of turn