V 1.82 Update
UI Stability improvements: We've increased the number of UI widgets by 4x. Extreme games (e.g large maps, hundreds of fleets, etc.) will now be more stable. We have also fixed numerous issues with the new notification system.
Gameplay: We've fixed a ship trading exploit and several gameplay bugs. In addition, we have made some treaties free for alliance members.
Rise of the Terrans DLC: Updated campaign to use a new United Earth "classic" ship style that better represents ships of that galactic era. As part of that change, you now can select United Terrans ship style for your custom races and choose from over twenty new "classic" ship parts for your ship designs.
- Increased the number of UI widgets by 4x. Extreme games (e.g large maps, hundreds of fleets, etc.) will be now be more stable.
- Removed a previous change to the autosave system from 1.81 that was causing crashes and corrupting save games in multiplayer.
- Stray particle effects from battles were traveling across the galaxy before timing out. This appeared to be a stuck turn. This should no longer happen.
- Adjusted AI evaluation of the "Open Borders" and "Non-Aggression Pact" treaties such that these treaties are free for alliance members.
- The "ignore defense" ability (from tech such as "Shield Punch") were not properly applying their damage. This has been fixed.
- Gave Pirate faction traits user-friendly names since they are showing up in some campaign diplomacy reports.
- Ships with "One-Per-Player" components are no longer tradable. This prevents an exploit that allowed players to get around the "One-Per-Player" restriction. These ships are disabled on the trade screen and include a tooltip explaining that they cannot be traded.
- The shipyard button "continue making this design until further notice" wasn't checking prereqs when deciding if it should be enabled for a build queue entry.
- Notifications no longer interfere with game inputs on the left side of the screen.
- Notifications are now refreshed only at the start of the game and start of a new turn. This prevents creates gaps in the list in the mid-turn.
- When adding a ship to the build queue, the list will automatically scroll to the bottom.
- Clicking on shipyards in the Shipyard List now centers the camera on it and select it.
- Fixed staked ship bar scaling issues for normal and medium UI
- Renamed generic tech tree to "Generic Tech Tree". It was mislabeled as "Terran Tech Tree".
- Unowned asteroid fields now say "nearest owned planet" rather than "assigned planet" in their tooltip and selection context.
- Fixed a crash caused by alerts that have no tooltip.
- Added tooltip to Ship Level entry when viewing single ships on the Fleet Details Window.
- Fixed a bug where the Invite Friends dialog would do nothing if the Steam Overlay was disabled. The button is now disabled with a tooltip explaining why.
- Fixed bug where a player who dies in a mp game but stays around to watch the other players play would send an invalid match report.
- Added warning if building a starbase upgrade will consume a constructor with mercenary components on it.
- Building a starbase using the Mercenary ship "The Crux" now provides the correct influence bonus.
- Rise of the Terrans: Updated United Terrans to use a "classic" ship style that better represents ships of that galactic era.
- Rise of the Terrans: Added United Terrans ship style.
- Rise of the Terrans: Added over twenty "classic" ship parts.
- Rise of the Terrans: Fixed assorted typos.
- Rise of the Terrans: fixed bad Xendar homeworld name in diplomatic report screen.
- Lost Treasures: Fixed a misleading bonus description with the Atomic Polarizer event.
- Lost Treasures: Fix incorrect description on the Elemental Extractor Lost Treasure event.